The Disability Care industry is one of the fastest growing and most rewarding industries in Australia. Skilled disability care workers can use this nationally recognised CHC40312 Certificate IV Disability to gain a well-respected career in Disability Care. This qualification will teach you to:
- work effectively with people with a disability
- foster skill development and Maintenance
- enable community participation and inclusion.
The skills required for this industry include exceptional compassion and a genuine want to help others, high energy, enthusiasm and an ability to connect with people and lead from the front.
What job can I get with this qualification?
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Behavioural support officer
- Development officer
- Project officer (life enhancement team)
- Disability officer – day support
- Residential care officer
- Disability support officer / worker
- Senior personal care assistant
- Employment coordinator (disability)
- Lifestyle support officer.
Is what I know already taken into account?
YES - recognition of prior learning (RPL), is a process for giving students credit for skills, knowledge and experience gained through working and learning. It can be gained at any stage of their lives, through formal and informal learning, in Australia or overseas, through work or other activities.
When you see the Nationally Recognised Training logo, you can rest assured that the Qualification you are considering will be recognised right across Australia. The Government have created these Qualifications to ensure a benchmark in skills.