This qualification CHC40108 Certificate IV Aged Care addresses work primarily in residential facilities within defined organisation guidelines and service plans. When you have completed your Certificate IV in Aged Care, your duties may include:
- carrying out activities related to maintaining an individual’s well being through personal care and/or other activities of living
- provide services to individuals with complex needs, and/or work with groups of older people
- work may include training and support to promote independence and community participation, which may be provided as part of activities and programs in a variety of settings including residential and centre-based programs
- report to service managers and liaise with professionals and other service providers
- may be required to supervise and coordinate a limited number of other workers.
* There are entry requirements for this qualification.
What job can I get with this qualification?
Some of the exciting jobs you could consider after finishing this qualification:
- care supervisor
- care team leader
- personal care worker.
The skills required for this industry include exceptional compassion and a genuine want to help others, high energy, enthusiasm and an ability to connect with people and lead from the front. In this fast growing industry, employers now need to be offering attractive rewards to retain qualified staff.
Is what I know already taken into account?
YES - recognition of prior learning (RPL), is a process for giving students credit for skills, knowledge and experience gained through working and learning. It can be gained at any stage of their lives, through formal and informal learning, in Australia or overseas, through work or other activities.
When you see the Nationally Recognised Training logo, you can rest assured that the Qualification you are considering will be recognised right across Australia. The Government have created these Qualifications to ensure a benchmark in skills.